ENGINEERING SEM 2
Engineering Drawing (ED)
SYLLABUS IN DETAIL:-
01 Module 1 02
Drawing instruments. symbolic lines. letterings. dimensioning systems as per
I.S conventions, geometrical constructions and tangential arcs.
02 Module 2 02
•Projection of points and lines inclined to both the reference planes including
HT & VT. 06
•Projection of right regular solids (cube, prism, pyramid, cylinder and cone)
inclined to both HP & VP (excluding spheres, hollow and composite solids).
• Development of surface (excluding reverse development) 03
03 Module 3:
Section of solids (cube, prism, cylinder, cone) cut by plane perpendicular to
at- least one reference plane (excluding curved cutting planes)
04 Module 4:
Orthographic projections: 04
• Multi-view orthographic projections of simple machine parts by first angle
method as recommended by Indian standards.
• Sectional views of simple machine parts(full section and half section only) 04
• Reading of orthographic projections (missing views) 06
05 Module 5: 04
Isometric projection/drawings of blocks (plain and cylindrical excluding
06 Module 6:
• Engineering Curves: 03
Parabola, Ellipse, Hyperbola, cycloid and involutes
Free hand sketches of fasteners
Thread profile – IS conventions of external and internal threads. drilled hole
blind hole and tapped hole
Bolts, Nuts, Set screws,
Foundations bolts and locknuts,
PART I: Drawing sheet
Five drawing sheets to be prepared on half imperial drawing sheet:
(TO be completed in 30 Hrs.)
Sheet No.1: Curves (2 problems) & projections of lines (2 problems)
Sheet No. 2: Projections of solids (2 problems) & section of solids (1 problem)
Sheet No.3: Orthographic projections (1 problem) & sect. ortho. Projections (1 problem)
Sheet No.4: Reading of orthographic projections (2 problems)
Sheet No.5: Isometric view (2 problems) & free hand sketches of fasteners.
Home –Work: one sketch book, A-3 consisting of minimum 3 problems from each
module. Duly signed sketch book is part of term –work.
PART II: Computer Aided Drawing (Auto –CAD)
Practice on Auto –cad: Theory and practice to be completed during practical sessions.
Sr. No. Topic No of Hours
1 Introduction to Auto –Cad 06
2 Fundamental of 2 –D 04
3 Orthographic projections 06
4 Sectional orthographic 06
5 Reading of Orthographic 04
6 Fundamental of 3 –D 04
drawing Isometric view
Printout of problems solved in the practical class to be attached in the Term work
(on Sr. No. 3 4.5 & 6)
REMEMBER YOU NEED AUTOCAD TO PRACTICE THE PIRATICAL
DOWNLOAD NOW AUTOCAD
Practical examination will be based on Part II of the list Term Work (Practice on Auto –Cad)
1. Elementary Engineering drawing, N.D Bhatt, Charotar Publishing house.
2. Mastering auto CAD, G.Omura by Sybers (Autodesk Press), Wiley India.
3. Understanding AutoCAD, Sham Tiekou, Autodesk Press, Wiley India.
4. Machine Drawing, N.D Bhatt, Charotar Publishing house.
5. Engineering Drawing, M.B. Shah and B.C.Rana.
6. Engineering Graphics with Auto –Cad 2007 by James D.Bethune, 1 Edition, Pearson