ENGINEERING SEM 1 SYLLABUS
Computer Programming 1 (CP 1)
SYLLABUS IN DETAIL:-
1. Structured Programming using C++ :05hr
• C++ as a superset of C programming language
• C++ Fundamentals: Character Set, Identifiers and keywords, Data Types, Constants, and
Variables Declarations, Operators & Expressions, Library functions, statements, Symbolic
Constants, Preprocessor directives.
2. Data Input and Output : 06hr
• getchar(), putchar(), scanf(), printf(), gets(), puts(), cin, cout, setw(), endl etc.
• Control Statements :
if-else, while, do-while, go to, for statements, nested control structures, switch, break, continue
statements, comma operator.
3. Functions : 08hr
• Functions prototypes, passing arguments to a function by value and by reference recursion, over
loading functions, storage classes
• Arrays :
Defining – processing array, passing arrays to function, Introduction to Multidimensional arrays,
Arrays and strings.
4. Pointers : 07hr
• Declarations, Referencing and de-referencing, passing pointers to functions, pointer to functions,
pointer to arrays Creation and manipulation of linked list.
• Structures and Unions : Defining and processing a structure.
5. • Introduction to Object Oriented Programming in C++ 08hr
• Classes, Objects, data encapsulation, access specifies : private, public and protected, inheritance
in details, operator overloading of Unary and Binary arithmetic operators, virtual functions, pure
• late binding, friend functions, Object as function parameter, overriding functions and over loaded
constructors, copy constructor, static class members.
Suggested Experiments :-
1) Five programs developed under control structures using C++.
2) Ten program under arrays, functions and structures using C++.
3) Ten debugged program listing demonstrating Object oriented constructs and concepts.
Programs should be debugged (hand written & computer print- out ) and should have suitable
Recommended compilers turbo C++/Borland C++ or visual C++
“Click Here To Download “
• Programming in C++ Balagurusamy, Tata McGraw Hill
• Programming in C++ schuam out line series
• Let us C, Yaswant Kanetkar, BPB publications
• Practical C++, programming ‘O’ Reilly
• Algorithms with C++, ‘O’ Reilly.